My name is michael Thompson. Im 37 years old, 6'8, and work in the entertainment industry. Im also a novice songwriter and musician. I have some experience with acting monologues and going over scenes with other actors and teachers. Id like to bring a fresh pair of eyes and ears to the scene and help you as much as i can.
These are 9 questions I ask while analyzing a scene. I pray this is helpful to you as you pursue your journey in Acting
1. Who are you? In the scene, name, occupation, do you like jewelry, are you a dog lover, etc….
2. Where are you? Sometimes location affects a persons behavior and other times it doesn’t
3. Who else is in the scene, and what is your relationship to them?
4. Whats happening?
5. Whats the problem
6. What do you want
7. Why should you get what you want? Do you feel like you deserve the thing that you want, if so, How do you justify your actions or reasoning
8. Whats stopping you from getting what you want
9. How do you plan to get it?
Most of my acting experience deals with self-taped monologues and practice voice over recordings for commercials. While in school i did some avatar overdubbing for a class project. The only professional on-screen work ive done besides self tape auditions was for a police training video where i played a higher functioning autistic driver and reading scripts with an online group