Okay, so this process is about YOU. It's not about me, it's you. So whatever you need, I'm here to support that. Some people like to take direction, others just want to play with their ideas. I accept all of it as a valid approach to the work.
You need to get some fresh eyes on your scene? Sweet. Want someone to just read with you, play, and explore things, some feedback? Nice. Want to just rehearse and get thru it? Let's go.
- Trained at the William Esper Studio in New York City (what up, NYC)
- A few credits: Preacher (opposite Dominic Cooper), Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, Happy Death Day 2 U, The Quad...
- Teaches Meisner based acting classes for those looking to expand their artistry and understand their technique/craft.
- Coaches and tapes actors. I can help you fill out the geography of scenes with specificity and authenticity.
- Degree in speech and voice. I can help some dialects, particularly Neutral American and Southern.
- Can juggle a single ball.
Let's have some fun with it!
xx Johnny B (America/CST)
Hey what's up everyone, I'm Johnny Ballance (he/him).
I'm based in the southeast and I really love what I do. I'm here to serve something greater than myself with humanity and artistry and embodied livin'.
- Trained in NYC at William Esper Studio.
- Teaches Williamson movement and Meisner to actors.
- Tapes/Coaches actors
- Big into using mindfulness techniques for performance.
The process is always changing, and always flexible. So we have to figure out a way to stay loose. It's like hitting a moving target. Real tricky. I don't think so much that we can learn 'to act,' but it's more a process of unlearning the habits that prevent our natural acting abilities from flourishing! I'm not perfect; I'm human. Watching perfection is extremely boring, anyway.
- Johnny B (Good)