Missed an instant request?
When you receive a direct instant rehearsal request someone wants YOU NOW….. so we do a few things to help you not miss out. A popular one of these is making the browser window ‘ring’ like a telephone.
The latest updates of Chrome (as of Spring 2021) limit our ability to play a sound programatically and this is especially prevalent when a tab is in the background. i.e. not the top tab. We have implemented a few more features to try and help you not miss out out with this, plus there is some advice below.
For the best experience… make sure you are using
- DESKTOP: Chrome brewer
- iPAD: Safari Browser
What to look (and listen) out for:
- The browser tab ‘flashes’ (text changes)
- Make sure your speakers are up if your beacon is on and you are waiting for a rehearsal request.
- Install the browser notification and watch out for these ‘popup’ notifications.
How to install the browser notifications preference:
- You will be asked when you first switch on your beacon on a browser that you haven’t’ used for WeAudition before.
How to check the browser notifications preference:
- Open Chrome Browser
- Top Right click the three buttons
- You might need to click ‘more…’
- Click Settings
- Under Privacy and Security’ Click ’Site Settings’
- Click Notifications
- Choose to allow notifications from WeAudtion.com
What else can you do?
The best thing to do is set up SMS You will then get a text message when you have a request. Hopefully your phone will always be nearby you.
Make sure your mobile phone number is added on the settings page: https://www.weaudition.com/account/settings.php
If you want to be extra diligent you could even set a special ringtone for that text number (we send from +3109564049)
Please let us know if there is anything else you do to not miss out – or any suggestions on making this easier.