Reads for free & accepts tips
I'm an award winning British/Canadian actor with a passion for helping other actors. I also write, produce and podcast! I've been advising actors online for a couple years now and am really excited to now have WeAudition to do it face to face!
A bit more about me, I:
- Graduated from conservatoire UK Drama School The Manchester School of Theatre in 2013
- Have experience working, and auditioning, in both London (where I lived for 6 years) and North America
- Have been working as an actor in TV and Film for over 10 years
- Co-host The 98% podcast where we talk about all things "actor" and speak to leading industry professionals. I've had in depth conversations with casting directors, directors, producers and other actors about how to nail everything from auditions and self tapes to working and everything in between!
- Take, and lead, classes and workshops in Vancouver where I'm now based
- Have a showreel editing/advice service
I'm confident with text analysis, cold reading and love working with other actors to help them get the most out of their sides as possible. Auditioning should be enjoyable, which in turn has casting enjoying your performance! So let's get you as confident and natural in your sides as possible! I am also pleased to offer mentoring sessions. If you have questions about the industry or are looking for personalised advice on anything from audition nerves to showreels to paythebills job I would be happy to offer tips and advice!
I look forward to chatting to you!
[To book in advance get in touch on twitter @alexamorden. I do not ask for a fee for reading, however a tip and a review is always welcome if you're in the position to! :)]
I'm a British/Canadian actor currently based in Vancouver. I've worked in TV and Film since graduating from conservatoire drama school The Manchester School of Theatre in 2013. My experience includes critically acclaimed British Television programmes on the BBC and Channel 4, independent British films and co-starring in a 2-hander BAFTA nominated short film. Most recently I played the lead role in 'The Colour Of Spring', a Canadian feature film, for which I have been awarded with 23 Best Actress awards from film festivals around the world. I have also written and produced my own work, my first short film being 'Hers', 2019, which was awarded with an Honourable Mention for Best Women Short at the Independent Shorts Awards in LA and selected as "Short of the Week" for various film platforms.
I continue my actor training under Andrew McIlroy of McIlroy and Associates in Vancouver and also lead vocal workshops for other actors.